Genius Hour Update

Last week we bought some soap bars from Rocky Mountain Soaps, so that we would have them for reference.

We began to make our soap base and added it to a microwaveable bowl.

When we took it out, we realized that the solution hardens really quickly and needed to be placed back into the microwave before adding scent and colour into it.

These are just some of the soap bars we made and poured into the mold to let harden. I was surprised that it took its shape so fast. Because of this, the cinnamon sticks were not able to sit inside of the soap bar.

After they cured, Devan and I put each of them in small ziploc bags.

Washing my hands with the store bought soap

When I washed my hands with our soap, I realized that afterwards my hands felt dry. Next time I will try adding lotion to the soap to see if that helps.

2 thoughts on “Genius Hour Update”

1. I tried my bar. I thought it lathered nicely. I liked the smell. I also liked that the smell wasn’t so strong that my hands smelled afterward. Great work! Thank you for the sample!
    Do you have any thoughts about what you could do differently with the cinnamon sticks next time?

1. We might just leave out the sticks and add ground cinnamon instead, because we learned that cinnamon is good for your skin.